Speed Demos Archive
Archived Quake Message board
In use until September 2003
Author Topic
messiahPosted - 30 September 2001 1:55 PST
what sens does you guys have? i currently have 13 and i think it is almost impossible to turn around! anyone with a tip so i can get a ****ing record soon =)
timPosted - 30 September 2001 4:41 PST
i use 8
i can turn around easy enough what is wrong with you? if you want a record try the NH of beyond belief, i've been trying for an hour but dont' know the levels at all :) the best i did was to die in the 4th level .. amrik beware :)
ShamblerPosted - 30 September 2001 7:34 PST
I use 6, I think, and have no problems with that. I think that's quite a low sensitivity for tricks/runs, but I'm pretty used to it.

BTW, if you want records on SDA, the best thing to do is to take a very good look at a lot of different runs, and see if any of them have missed anything: New shortcuts, extra tricks, etc. Or failing that, just be very 1337 and bunny faster or something... Moaning about your sensitivity is unlikely to help.

http://www.planetquake.com/teamshambler - it's Quake single player, bitches.

JozsefPosted - 1 October 2001 1:06 PST
Shamby, your movement looks horrible for me! Why dont you try the command: 'm_filter 1'! I bet you already know about this!
For Jonny: I have 6.5 and can turn around easily. I dont understand why do you have problems with this turning...
ShamblerPosted - 1 October 2001 2:32 PST
"Shamby, your movement looks horrible for me!"

Yeah other people have said that... It's probably because 95% of my runs were done without strafing, so there's a lot of small, quick turns and stuff.

Ilkka KurkelaPosted - 1 October 2001 13:17 PST
It's actually no point in discussing about which sensitivity people use, because e.g. "sensitivity 10" can feel much different on different computer/mouse. Also what makes a big difference is what values you use on m_pitch and m_yaw.

In my opinion the sensitivity is good when you can easily move 180 degrees with one simple move. You don't need to turn more than that.

But incase you're interested in anyway, my settings are "sensitivity 23", "m_pitch -0.009", "m_yaw 0.009", "m_filter 1".

Ilkka

ShamblerPosted - 1 October 2001 14:12 PST
"In my opinion the sensitivity is good when you can easily move 180 degrees with one simple move. You don't need to turn more than that."

Yeah, that's exactly the guideline I use...

RollePosted - 1 October 2001 14:52 PST
Heh, get a grip jonny! :)

in the very beginning I used a very high sens..(carls fault :b)
as a said very high 200+
demos with such high sens look like ****.. :)
nowadays..it's 25 i think..
me not sure..
but whatever...

/Johan

orbsPosted - 5 October 2001 3:00 PST
I actualy think using m_filter is chaeting :)
but i find almost evrything cheating in fact on the ctf lan i was on this weekend i was the only one with original pakfiles :)
I use sensitivity 14 but that's with a trackball, btw i use a different setting for running then for multiplayer.
With multiplayer i use much higher fov's 110/140 compared to 91/110 with speedrunning, i think i finally got that 0:08 on e2m1 the other day just because i happen to pick a more ideal fov in realtion to the map,my settings and my comp

weird that this configging makes differences while it looks like there's no difference at al

amrikPosted - 14 October 2001 11:00 PST
I use sensitivity 28. nuff said. oh tim, watch your ass :) im going for bbelief NH too, it's just damn hard

- Amrik
amrikkochhar@hotmail.com

timPosted - 15 October 2001 1:45 PST
whats this crap about u thinking NH of bb is too hard for you? after a bit of practise i can get to bb6 quite easily :P so far my best is to die on the last spike trap with all secrets but the 2 vores still alive, since i die b4 i get to them .. but i can press the button ok when practising .. give me another hour or 2 of playing and that record will be mine :)