Speed Demos Archive
Archived Quake Message board
In use until September 2003
Author Topic
ShamblerPosted - 28 January 2002 3:35 PST
I sent this to Ingmar @ Illmind, but he says he's too busy to try these buggers. Any Q2 players want to have a go??

Base2 - In the first room, start on the right hand side near the block of 4 crates: Run across and, using the base of the ramp, triple jump off the lower, then upper, crates opposite to reach the upper level. The "last great problem" of Quake2 tricks, I think it's incredibly hard because I've tried about 1000 times and never got near it.

Base2 - In the broken bridge area outdoors: Gain one of the small ledges on top of the small buttresses at the side of the entrance to Base3, steep slope slide + triple jump onto the large ledge above on the edge of the map, then slope jump and steep slope slide up the rocks on the right hand side of that ledge to gain the higher ledge that's above the steps. I think the tricks are hard but not too hard, doing them both in one attempt would be good.

Strike - Start at the top of the long canyon that leads steeply down to the final area, bunny like a bastard, swerve rightwards and do a slope jump off the angled pipe to jump all the way on top of the right hand building entrance. Not too hard but you need exact timing to do your final bunny off the pipe.

ShamblerPosted - 9 February 2002 6:52 PST
* BUMP *
-SCUT-OpenGLPosted - 14 February 2002 4:55 PST
okay... if no one else has tried them yet by feb20 then i will look into them.

and why so late? because i m on holiday in my hometown at this moment, and i can't find a quake2 here... =P