Speed Demos Archive
Archived Quake Message board
In use until September 2003
Author Topic
-SCUT-OpenGLPosted - 10 April 2002 22:31 PST
why there is always a monster missing? i have been running mad around the map looking for it, but just didn't get it. can someone tell me where the hell it is?
amrikPosted - 17 April 2002 15:01 PST
ask nolan
timPosted - 17 April 2002 17:02 PST
maybe it is like that problem i had in kjsp1 where a health pack spawned it in, try picking up ALL items ..
also VISIBLE TRIGGERS will help sooooo much :) at least to show you what does what

or it could be like a problem from r2m1 where one monster just couldn't teleport in, i used noclip just running around looking for those little black rooms where monsters are kept.

RadixPosted - 17 April 2002 18:05 PST
I will investigate...
RadixPosted - 17 April 2002 21:03 PST
I think I found the kill
at the end of the first hallway after you fall, there is an area that opens up that has a fiend and some zombies. At the back is a 25 health pack. Pick up the pack at a knight teleports in. You have to actaully pick it up (cant have 100+ health), but really it should trigger if you have 100 health. I made qdqstats activate stuff triggered by armor/keys if they're touched and not picked up (cuz you dont need them) but forgot about health ;-P

I guess I could release new qdqstats, there has been a very other extremely minor bugs i've fixed, but the problem is that few ppl would get it. Anyway, if this is not the kill then let me know because it was the last kill for me... on easy anyway, I haven't tried nightmare yet!

-SCUT-OpenGLPosted - 18 April 2002 5:15 PST
ok nolan, since there will be a new version of qdqstats, can you make an on screen timer in it? i know i can press tab to see it but that will distract my fingers from playing.

i hope it can be toggled by an impulse just like the grenade counter so it can be used only by those who wants it.

RadixPosted - 18 April 2002 8:40 PST
Just bind +showscores to something else, that's not as hard to hit as Tab. I have it on N and can easily hit it as long as i'm not strafing right too. Alternativly you could just add +showscores to your record bind so that its always on, but then you can never see your health/ammo.

If you have other suggestions, by all means mention them.

Fiendy FriendPosted - 18 April 2002 11:29 PST
how about making a monsters health visible? (maybe by the strentgh ofits glow?) or would that be to close to cheating? and howabout ghosts? or is that to hard to process? i read that it was supposed to be in that uqctf mod but it was taken out cuz it was to slow?
-SCUT-OpenGLPosted - 19 April 2002 6:22 PST
and what about a "auto restart recording" feature? suppose a current record is 0:30, and someone is determined to beat it, he can set the timelimit to 29 seconds, so when the time hits 0:30.00, the recording will be restarted automatically.

and about that problem on displaying time, now i set it to display the timer (+showscore) whenever the forward key is NOT pressed, and it seems really funny. =)

amrikPosted - 4 May 2002 16:54 PST
wow, a new version of qdqstats would be awesome.