Speed Demos Archive
Archived Quake Message board
In use until September 2003
Author Topic
-SCUT-OpenGLPosted - 12 October 2002 0:27 PST
base1 in 10.4 seconds! very impressive!...

well i m just crowing about myself. ;-P

De_VerorberaarPosted - 12 October 2002 2:53 PST
shouldnt that be at "other game speedruns"?

mineraalPosted - 12 October 2002 6:33 PST
I have NEVER seen a quake 2 speedrun..

Quake 2 never appealed to me.. is it worth it ??

mineraalPosted - 12 October 2002 6:33 PST
I have NEVER seen a quake 2 speedrun..

Quake 2 never appealed to me.. is it worth it ??

-SCUT-OpenGLPosted - 12 October 2002 7:02 PST
well, don't you guys play multiplayer? and can you accelerate yourself to 600 units/second within just two hops in quake1? =\

well, the cruly bunnys and air controls in quake1 also attract me though, but quake2 is definitely the most influential game ever to me.

De_VerorberaarPosted - 12 October 2002 15:50 PST
never ever liked it even like q3 better though it beats counter strike but man i rather play minesweeper then counter strike

Edited by - De_Verorberaar on 10/13/2002 5:12:41 AM

mineraalPosted - 13 October 2002 5:23 PST
I play QW.. Quake 2, never even bothered, coloured lighting just confuses me.. ;))
quake 3.. well.. hate the movement..
counterstrike: Who said anything about that??
-SCUT-OpenGLPosted - 13 October 2002 9:31 PST
what i like: quake2, quake1, doom series, duke3d, cxxxxer-stxxxe.
what i hate: quake3, half-life, unreal series, dxxxa-fxxxe series.

;-P

timPosted - 13 October 2002 16:32 PST

what i like and this is no particular order quake1, quake2, half-life, unreal series, diablo series, doom series, the commandos series, the gtas (the 2nd one was dull), the total annihilations, the warcrafts, duke3d, quake3, the wolfensteins (yes that includes the old one) as well as various driving games and other FPS and to protect stubbys mind the B***Ks series .. ask nolan ;)

since i dont' have a favourite and just play each for a bit then move to another for a while you can see why sometimes i make lots of demos, then you dont' hear from me for a while :)

lodisPosted - 14 October 2002 1:24 PST
quake1/qw still owns. q3 is good fun too, and all you qw:ers should try cpma (challenge promode mod) which is as close you can get to qw in a modern game...it's got something similar to bunnyjumping and it also has doublejumping as seen in q2.

counterstrike was a good game back in beta 5.2. After that it has been getting worse for every release. CRAP game.

I generally just play q1 and q3 and sometimes I make the occasional trip into other games like sof2, wc3, gta3...but I never stay long. I always return to quake (home sweet home). But I have to say that quake2 is one of the crappiest games ever. I prefer getting beat up by morfy and his 'wife' once a day to playing quake2.

-SCUT-OpenGLPosted - 14 October 2002 2:59 PST
damn i must admit that single player missons of quake2 do suck, but it is the first game that gave me great multiplayer experience. the LGnepO graphics is much better than quake1 and even glquake, and there are sooooooooo damn many tricks. well, without all those tricks and mad fast bunnies i could have deleted quake2 years ago.

i think the reason that many people dislike quake2 is that its physics code changed again and again before 3.20 was released. therefore the quake2 speedrunning couldn't be carried out, and so no one really understands its excellence. i didn't like quake1 much before until the speedrunning movies changed me a bit. ;-P

anyway, go and ask joe if he thinks a base1_10.4 is as good as e1m6 in 9.8(thank god he doesn't hate quake2 too much, nor does ingmar).

NagasakiPosted - 14 October 2002 6:57 PST
Hehe, tru dat. I never came around posting your tricks on my site though :)

Btw I like cock-flavoured soups, red bricks and getting rubbed gently at that one point, just beneath my left shoulder-blade, what about you?

[AK]Naga$akeY 2002
http://www.PlanetQuake.com/illMind/

Morfans2Posted - 14 October 2002 7:21 PST
Wow.

I like soup-flavoured cocks and being rubbed with a red brick!

Spooky, eh?

-SCUT-OpenGLPosted - 14 October 2002 8:28 PST
sorry ingmar, i would be glad if you put my trickjumps collection movie on your site. unfortunately i really can't find a usable homepage space to store it today, so i don't know how i shall transfer it to you. well, maybe i can remove all bgm in it(then there would be about 2mb left, and the bgm doesn't sound good anyways) and the divide it into some zips and mail them to you, what is your opinion?

well, i have quitted quake2 trickjumping for some days, but it is not because i no longer like it, read this:
http://boards.gamers.com/messages/message_view.asp?name=rtr&id=zzygf

i still play quake2 ffa/team frequently. ;-P

NagasakiPosted - 14 October 2002 16:00 PST
I'd team up with both of you, it's a really hard decision.

[AK]Naga$akeY 2002
http://www.PlanetQuake.com/illMind/

JozsefPosted - 15 October 2002 2:13 PST
10.4 on base1 must be very cool, definately. isnt 9 possible? probably to doublejump from the soldier instead of the barrel?
and dont worry, I surely _LIKE_ Quake2, and i have a 10.9 on base1 which i've done like ~2 years ago =)
I also made a possible project plan (errr... to be honest just a half of it) about q2 mission pack1, i'm planning to put onto some page, but i dunno if it'd be any worthy....
could be a great fun thou, imho

oww yea and qw's physics rulez. i've just tried it not long ago and i can do the dm6 jump all the time =)

Topic is 2 Pages Long:    1 2