Released in 2010, Costume Quest sees the hero's sibling being kidnapped by a monster who mistook the sibling for candy, although clearly children are already candy for witches so it isn't that crazy of a plotline. The game also features candy as a form of currency which clearly promotes diabetes, and may or may not be sponsored by dentists. On a related note, I'll go grab some cookies.
Best time: Single-segment 1:17:17 by 'Fullmetalgambit' on 2014-05-09.
Get Flash to see this player.
- This run was extremely on point as far as menuing and movements are concerned. Some of the damages early on didn’t go my way but that didn’t affect the run later on. I knew there was plenty of time to be saved early on and knew it would be tough to carry that forward over such a long run but I managed it finally. Even got some extra time with some bosses working in my favor and not wasting any damage on clones or extras. Big Bones went really well when he was dealing damage to all the characters I wanted and causing me to save time healing. Overall great timing from bosses and the like
- Very smooth neighborhood other than a few monsters getting one extra round with one health. The routing and menuing went well. This area is probably the easiest for moving around the houses. Shaman on BoJonn fight made things really easy with attacking first and never shielding. Saved a good amount of time over previous runs and took that forward into the rest of the run
- Autumn Haven Pre Rail
- Lost a bit of time in here with losing main damage dealer in one fight early and then having to defend in the first boss battle. Nothing too major but did lose a few seconds. Fights other than that went exactly as planned and costume switches were smooth
- Autumn Haven Post Rail
- Missed a back attack on the first monster horn fight adding an extra turn for the mage and a block on the following store fight causing Wren to die added a few seconds causing the 3rd monster horn fight to be further away from the chest. Other fights lined up well and Metxel didn’t use powered up attack until second phase gaining about 40 seconds that made this run even with having to heal once
- Town went smoothly and all the houses are easy to go to since it is such a small place with all the houses lined up
- Carnival interior was an easy loop around with no major fight issues until the maze. Ran into a fight there causing a run-away that lost a small amount of time. Metxel second time around causes no problems and gets crushed
- Dorsilla goes well because as soon as she clones, she charges up her attack giving away which one she is. Didn’t waste any extra attacks on the clones and damage got spread out enough that group healing was the most effective it could have been. Gained a bit of time because of that good special attack luck
- Big Bones
- Big Bones focused on characters that heal most making his damage less effective and allowing for use of single heal and saving group heals for more needed times. During second phase killed off character with the most damage dealt to them keeping other healthy characters up and fighting longer. Overall no time lost or gained here but was a good fight to finish off a good run
Return to the Game List, the FAQ, or the Home Page.