Released in January 1991, G.I. Joe let kids play out their fantasy of being an American hero in a run 'n gun format. You assemble a team of three people per stage to defeat Cobra leaders and place bombs all over labyrinthine Cobra complexes, eventually reaching the final level to duel against Cobra Commander.
Best time: single-segment 0:21:29 by Josh Styger on 2008-01-13.
Get Flash to see this player.
I use Rock&Roll for most of the run because he has the strongest weapon. I also jump as much as possible because it's faster then walking. I use vehicles in most levels where available because it is much faster then without them. For some bosses I rapidly switch from weapon to fist to do more damage, some of my switching could have been faster though but my select button isn't broken in very well and sometimes sticks. I had bad luck on AI Comp and my performance on Snake Eyes Stage 3 and Rock&Roll Stage 3 could have been better.
- Duke Stage 1 - The Cobra Condor Z25 can be beaten a little faster if you destroy the front of it on the first pass, I have only managed to pull it off a couple times though.
- Duke Stage 3 - I got lucky against Range Viper and was able to beat him very fast.
- Blizzard Stage 1 - There were a few mistakes in this level but they didn't cost much time.
- Snake Eyes Stage 2 - Your time on AI Comp decides on how soon it moves in so you can do maximum damage, I got unlucky and lost about 5 seconds.
- Snake Eyes Stage 3 - I reach maximum weapon power with Rock&Roll in this level.
- Capt. Grid-Iron Stage 1 - I use Capt. Grid-Iron in this stage because he is better for the jumps and I don't need Rock&Roll's weapon for the level or boss. This is the only level where it is possible to fight a boss in a vehicle and it is very effective.
- Capt. Grid-Iron Stage 2 - This is the level where I would usually make mistakes because of some of the hard jumps I do but I aced it this time around.
- Rock&Roll Stage 3 - Not very pleased with this level as I played it too safe and also made a few mistakes.
- General Hawk Final Stage - I use General Hawk for this stage because he is awesome and can fly. The ninja near the beginning that somehow turned itself invisible and attacked me was awesome too and deserved to get that shot in (probably Snake Eyes getting his revenge for being snubbed!).
Thanks to Ferret Warlord for his Tas which showed me some tricks.
Also thanks to the SDA crew: Radix, DJGrenola, Enhasa, Mike Uyama, and Nate.
Return to the Game List, the FAQ, or the Home Page.