The Incredible Hulk was released in August 1994 by U.S. Gold for Sega Genesis and Super Nintendo Entertainment System. It is a side-scrolling action game consisting of five levels. The goal is to make it through each level and defeat the boss. The Marvel Comics villains featured are the Abomination (who appears as a sub-boss in every level), Rhino, Tyrannus, Absorbing Man, and finally The Leader.
Best time, arcade difficulty (hard): 0:19:35 by Troy 'Hellfire7777777' Spence on 2009-11-21.
Get Flash to see this player.
First off, I thank everyone at SDA. (You guys are legit)
I did not play this game much as a kid and I was bad at it. I, for some reason, started to get decent and enjoy the game in fall of 2009.
There are 3 difficulty levels: Easy, Normal, and Arcade. I play on the Arcade setting. The only difference in arcade is that some of the enemies run faster but the enemies all take the same number of hits. Also my run is all about getting the pill to make me "hulked out" (The hulked out meter depletes with time and damage) with this I can run making the speed run a lot faster. To run I need to be hulked out (indicated by the white bar of health) and press ->,->, C, ->. This is annoying and sometimes hard to execute. In the SNES one just has to press the shoulder button and the direction to run, so I would say the Genesis run combination is harder to pull off. I also get health to maintain my hulked out state. Once it is lost you can no longer run and you need to get the pill to get hulked out again. The clap is done by holding A and B at the same time and then pushing C. I use sonic claps on The Abomination because that is the fastest way to beat him.
Level by level breakdown:
- Level 1 - I grab and jump on ladders as well as fall through them to save time. I grab and walk with enemies so when I get hit I don't slow down. I the Get pill so I can run every chance I get. Abomination might look slow but that's the fastest way to beat him. I was a little sloppy after the abomination fight. I got shot 2 times and I hit my head on the construction beam 3 times. I run in and use sonic claps on Rhino off screen. (Sonic claps hurt more then uppercuts) Rhino goes down.
- Level 2 - First thing I try and get health to maintain my hulked out meter so I can run. I use the run to hit switches to save time instead of stopping to punch. I miss the jumping face switch and get shot twice. I actually made the low pillar to high pillar jump twice. That is hard to make. I get more health from the vase to keep hulked out. I have a standard Abomination fight. Hardest part of this run is getting the boss to not teleport so you can finish him quickly. Luckily he did not teleport so I beat him as fast as I humanly could. It took about 15 tries to get him to stay still. I lose my hulk out but that is normal.
- Level 3 - The start of this level is hard with all the guys and turrets. So the start is a little sloppy. But I get the pill as soon as I can and start running. I jump over the electric platforms one by one; it may be a little slower but when I jump two by two I usually get shocked. I have a Standard Abomination fight (every time he has more health.) I also do the run command during elevator parts by holding the direction so when the elevator is done I run on the first given opportunity .I lose my Hulked out at the usual time. I get the secret switch because this gives me a path that takes less time. I get a little caught up at the gun turret. Absorbing Man went alright. I use the clap because it hurts him more.
- Level 4 - I keep my hulked out. (This is normal.) I get health to keep hulked out. I hit certain switches to bring out necessary platforms to jump on. I lose my hulked out about one screen earlier than normal but I got a pill coming up at the Abomination. There is a pill hidden behind that gray brain. I have a normal Abomination fight. If you run past those big brown creatures you will not get hit. At the brain boss I uppercut him. (This is fastest. the sonic clap can miss because the brain will mostly be too high.) Brain goes down.
- Level 5 - This level is very cheap and hard. But it went pretty well for the most part. I get a pill so I can get hulked out. All the platforming so far is good. There is about a 5% chance of me destroying that ship with my run attack). (It is very helpful when the ship is destroyed because it follows you around and shoots until you reach the Abomination) I lose my hulk out at the usual time. I have a standard Abomination fight. I don't bother hitting any of the switches because it is not necessary and just wastes time. The switches just reveal items. Now I am at one of the hardest parts of the game. I get knocked off the platform once but that is still pretty good. (Normally I get knocked off 2 or 3 times). Now for the easiest boss of all time. I uppercut the leader and it's over.
Return to the Game List, the FAQ, or the Home Page.